Friday, June 02, 2006

A Bit More About Me

Well it turns out Ted knows nothing about computers, it was his daughter who put the commodes on eBay for him.

Still, at least it keeps the title appropriate. I mean, who's ever heard of the Vagina Dialogues? Sounds more like a gynaecological consultation than a cutting edge piece of theatre.

A bit more background, then. I retired from the force at a relatively young age, having attained the giddying rank of DCI Special Branch. I then started a pretty successful business supplying security consultation services to the rich and famous, which I subsequently flogged for a mind-bending amount of money to an American firm a few years ago. I suppose the wife and I could have had our choice of retirement locations - Florida, Spain, Australia. But we chose Thanet, I chose Thanet, as I had a soft spot for the place, having been this way on many occasions in the course of 'business'.

That's probably enough for now. This writing lark isn't as easy as it looks, is it?