Saturday, June 03, 2006

Cec'll Do Yer

Ted phoned to say his daughter had been round, and had shown him my 'blog'. She's written down some instructions about how to turn on the comments, so I'll get those off him when I see him up the club later.

Ted also said I should write about some of the funny things that happened during my time in the force. I don't know about that. The index linked pension comes in handy, even though I don't have to rely on it.

I don't suppose it would be giving away any state secrets to mention that I was seconded to look after Slimy Cecil for a brief period in the Eighties. It was just after he was caught knocking up that Sarah woman. I remember him touring the Welsh valleys with the Iron Lady (nice legs). The usual SWP crowd were there (not a bad bunch really, mostly mummy's boys from Surbiton), doing their ritual chant of 'Maggie! Maggie! Maggie! Out! Out! Out!'. Occasionally they'd vary it a bit with 'Kinnock! Kinnock! Kinnock! In! In! In!'

As soon as they saw Cecil, they began alternating with a new variation: 'Cecil! Cecil! Cecil! In, Out! In, Out!' I don't know how I kept a straight face.