Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Trouble With Wind

As I was cursing myself last night for not having taken my Bisodol, I remembered that Ted's mate had told me that there seems to be a lot of stuff going on to do with this new wind farm.

Apparently quite a few council bods have been taken on helicopter trips to survey the offshore location. Quite why they couldn't have saved a bit of money and suffered in a boat like normal people beats me.

I suppose it'll bring jobs if they do build this facility in the harbour to maintain the blasted eyesores, although to my way of thinking, with the East Cliff about to crumble into the sea, they've got their priorities a bit skewed.

Still, they're hardly likely to take any notice of an old gipper like me.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 am, Blogger Dane Valley Ted said...

They went out to assess the rateable value of the towers and the impact of noise on the local population.
Mind you they could have walked out and saved money because they act like gods and treat us mere mortals with nothing but contempt.

 
At 10:47 am, Blogger The Angina Monologues said...

I suspect there is more than a grain of truth in your remark, Ted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home