Monday, August 28, 2006

Truss Me, You're A Doctor

An entertaining afternoon spent at the A&E department of the QEQM, getting my hernia drained.

The usual types there, including one poor man who appeared to be withdrawing from some kind of addiction. He was called into the treatment rooms several times by various medical types, and I swear blind he answered to the name of Mr Nelson Scum. How unfortunate. I overheard him saying that he'd just moved to the area, so perhaps he was one of these coked up, DFL millionaire celebrities we hear so much of these days.

By the way, it seems the QEQM now also caters for those suffering from gambling and sex addictions, with a one-armed bandit in reception, and a sign saying 'only two visitors per bed' beside the reception desk.

PS: I've just Googled Mr Nelson Scum, and found him mentioned on a site called 'Monsters of Cock'. With the addition of an apostrophe, and the knowledge that the aforementioned naval hero sits atop a column measuring 165 feet, I think we can safely assume that he was indeed a suffering celeb, possibly a star of one of those films I sometimes treat myself to on a Saturday night.

1 Comments:

At 5:04 pm, Blogger The Angina Monologues said...

They went to put a catheter in mine recently and couldn't find it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home