Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Pudding Club

I suppose I ought to wish everyone a Happy Christmas. I went to Ted and Janet's in the end. Their grandkids seemed to have a great time playing with the old false leg, but I broke one of my few remaining teeth on a pound coin that had been secreted in the pudding, so I've got an emergency appointment with the dentist today.

In my day it used to be a threepenny piece or a sixpence. That's inflation for you. Mustn't grumble, at least I've got a whole quid to go towards the dental fees.

3 Comments:

At 12:05 am, Blogger Snailspace said...

That should pay for the desposable bib + VAT of course

 
At 9:04 am, Blogger Justin Brown said...

Or maybe you could bite down on it again and save all the expense of an anaesthetic?
I will, of course, offer a free distraction, should you require it.

 
At 3:31 pm, Blogger The Angina Monologues said...

Justin - in my day that sort of distraction was illegal.

But it wasn't unknown for the vice squad to catch one policeman holding another policeman's ball, which used to cause embarrassment all round the wicket, I can tell you.

Much better these days now it's all out in the open and above board.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home